I often spend hours thinking,
What i feel, i write.
Its simple contemplation,
To differentiate between wrong and right.
It makes me want to taunt myself,
At my self-created plight,
Of varying life's colours,
Sometimes i see red, sometimes white.
I dream all day,
I dream all night,
But what I'm looking for,
Is simply nowhere in sight.
A past to cherish,
An attempt to make the future bright,
Whilst groping in the dark,
All i ask for, is some light.

6 comments:

hey!!!...a happy new year to all my fans... i know you've been anxiously waiting for a fresh dose of my comments...but hey...i can't comment without content can i?
now whaadowe have here...yet another tortured poet...tch..tch...if its so painful...why bother!
one thing is clear...archana is an alien...she can see only white and red...in geek parlance..she can only see in infra red!!
that explains why...she can see what we can't...and vice versa... and also why we can't make sense of what she says most of the time!...
isn't this the most insightful comment ever...?

January 11, 2008 at 6:58 PM  

this is a translation for non-understanding folk

{I often spend hours thinking,
What i feel, i write.
Its simple contemplation,
To differentiate between wrong and right.}

thats like writing an exam!...u spend the 3 hours thinking bout why u didn't bring chits...so difficult to differentiate between whats right and wrong!


{It makes me want to taunt myself,
At my self-created plight,
Of varying life's colours,
Sometimes i see red, sometimes white.}

whatever time that remains, u wonder why you didn't study... and then you see red..those dreary red scratches the examiner is sure to put... and the pale ghostly white ur mom's gonna turn, when u get results

{I dream all day,
I dream all night,
But what I'm looking for,
Is simply nowhere in sight.}

in this portion maha kavi archana das, is trying to flash back and show the situation during study holidays....u turn the pages in the text...unable to find the answers ur looking for...so instead u take to dreaming....


{ past to cherish,
An attempt to make the future bright,
Whilst groping in the dark,
All i ask for, is some light.}


i'm not too sure bout this portion....something to do with the frequent power cuts i suppose...

January 11, 2008 at 7:07 PM  

enough with the jokes...hmmmm...decent poem... starts and ends well...but don't you think that "life's colors" is an overused poetic cliche?...
the poem ends great...a past to cherish and a bright future, thats what we all want afterall...the eternal quest...
keep the good work goin!!

January 11, 2008 at 7:12 PM  

oh God!
somebody else pl comment

January 11, 2008 at 10:34 PM  

The "thinking" of the human mind...profoundly expressed !

January 26, 2008 at 12:28 AM  

And...
whence you find your light's share,
wont you have some left to spare?

think I just got converted into your fan in a day. let me ponder over it. :)

March 25, 2008 at 9:27 PM  

Newer Post Older Post Home

Blogger Template by Blogcrowds